Greetings from San Diego – MariaAbroad Travel Plans July
If you follow me on Facebook, you may have already seen me spill the beans there: I am currently in beautiful San Diego and will be here for the next couple of weeks. San Diego is my home away from home. I love this city. This is where I went to college and met my husband. The beaches, the way of life, the weather, the tacos make it a perfect place to live. Damn, I miss living here!
And since I love this place so much, I thought I would share some of the nicest areas, cool things to do and best places to eat in and around San Diego. Welcome to my old backyard. It’s good to be back, San Diego.
So what are my plans for my time in San Diego?
Aside from visiting with friends and family, I am looking forward to a few little adventures and fun day trips. Here is what I have planned so far (and also for my trip back over the Holidays):
- snorkeling with Leopard sharks in La Jolla
- go whale watching in San Diego
- kayaking in La Jolla maybe even spend a weekend at one of these fabulous La Jolla hotels or Airbnbs?
- eat my way through the heart of North Park and the rest of the city
- visit a couple of breweries and go on a craft beer tour
- spend a few days in Los Angeles and maybe some other fun weekend getaways from San Diego
- a day trip to Tijuana
- some fun at some of the most stunning beaches in San Diego
- go to a Travel Massive event in Temecula and meet and network with a bunch of other Travel Bloggers and stay at one of these amazing Temecula winery hotels and do some wine tasting at these fabulous Temecula wineries.
- Halloween Events in San Diego
- Haunted Houses in San Diego
- Christmas in San Diego
Next up: Road Trip
But that is not where the fun stops. After a couple of weeks in beautiful SoCal, I will send the husband off at the airport to go home and work 😉 and my travel buddy Robby and I will head out on an epic Road Trip in the Southwestern US. Who is Robby and why am I going on a Road Trip with him rather than my husband? Meet Robby, the Robber our sweet Patagonian Trout Hound aka Irish Snake Hound aka our sweet puppy dog that stole our hearts:
Who wouldn’t want to travel with a travel buddy that is as cute and cuddly as him? Can’t wait for our little adventure on the road 🙂
Road Trip Pit stops will include (most likely):
- Bryce Canyon
- Horseshoe Bend
- Monument Valley
- The Wave
- San Juan National Forest
- Santa Fe
- Amarillo (Cadillac Ranch)
Of course, I’ll be sharing my experience with you, so stay tuned to find out about the coolest things to do in San Diego and my time on the road with my Travel buddy Robby. Can’t wait to show him some really cool places 🙂
UPDATE: Due to a heatwave, I decided to go further North for my road trip. Here is the updated list of destinations:
- Zion National Park, UT
- Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
- Arches National Park, UT
- Silverthorn, CO
- Denver, CO
- Amarillo, TX
News for the Blog
I love what I do and am excited to share my travel stories with you. But since running this blog takes up almost as much time as a full-time job, I decided to monetize it to be able to be able to keep this up. What does that mean for you? Not much will change, my content will still be free, but I will include 2-3 sponsored posts a month in the future. These are articles that will introduce you to travel related products or services that I think will be interesting to you. But don’t worry, the large majority of my posts will still be my travel tips, destination guides, tour reviews and photo essays.
What are your travel plans for this summer? Any exciting trips planned?
Pin for later: