Packing List For Your Weekend Getaway
Packing is what I used to dread the most about traveling. Almost as much as unpacking. I would procrastinate till the last minute, shove some clothes into a bag at the last minute and ALWAYS forget something. Socks, under wear, bra, bikini… you name it and I have forgotten it at least once. Ugh! So I started making a packing list every time I went somewhere. Since I am German, and I need to optimize stuff, I started printing out my list a bunch of times for future trips. Then Pinterest gave me the idea to laminate it and reuse it over and over. Pretty smart, eh?
Guess what? Ever since I started using my packing list, I haven’t forgotten anything anymore and packing goes so much smoother and faster. That means, I start my trip less stressed and get into vacation mood much quicker.
So here is my travel packing list for a 3-4 day weekend getaway. And below you’ll find a few extra packing tips to combine outfits and look amazing during your trip!
Girls Weekend Getaway Packing List
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from MariaAbroad and download your free packing list
You have Successfully Subscribed!
And some more Packing Tips for your Weekend Getaway:
1. Do laundry right before you start packing and fold your clothes right into the suitcase. Why hang them, just so you can pack them a few hours later?
2. Bring outfits are comfortable and that make you feel good. Vacation is not the time to squeeze yourself into a dress that won’t let you breathe and the pants that give you stomach cramps because they are so tight.
3. Find outfits that you can mix and match. I try to bring tops that I can wear to at least 2 bottoms and a pair of comfy shoes that go with all your outfits and a pair of nice heels for a night out.
4. Wrinkle free is your friend. Stay away from linen and silk, and try stretchy stuff or cotton instead.
5. ALWAYS bring a shawl or scarf. They are so great to keep you warm in notoriously cold air planes or restaurants, provide cover up, when your clothing is a bit too revealing for the situation (like visiting a church, temple or mosque) or when you need to cover your lobster red shoulders from any more exposure.
6. Don’t over pack. If you are gone for 3-4 days, do you really need 8 tops and 5 pairs of bottoms, as well as 3 dresses? You don’t have to shlep your whole wardrobe with you on a quick little getaway. The less you obsess about your outfit, the more time you have to actually enjoy your vacation.