Packing List For Your Weekend Getaway
Packing is what I used to dread the most about traveling. Almost as much as unpacking. I would procrastinate till the last minute, shove some clothes into a bag at the last minute and ALWAYS forget something. Socks, under wear, bra, bikini… you name it and I have forgotten it at least once. Ugh! There are many Packing Tips online, but still.
So I started making a packing list every time I went somewhere, whether I was going on a staycation or jetting off to Europe. (If you want to blend in and not look like a tourist, take a look at these tips on European Fashion and how not to look like a tourist) Since I am German, and I need to optimize stuff, I started printing out my list a bunch of times for future trips. Then Pinterest gave me the idea to laminate it and reuse it over and over. Pretty smart, eh?
Guess what? Ever since I started using my packing list, I haven’t forgotten anything anymore and packing goes so much smoother and faster. That means, I start my trip less stressed and get into vacation mood much quicker.
So here is my travel packing list for a 3-4 day weekend getaway. And below you’ll find a few extra packing tips to combine outfits and look amazing during your trip!
And if you are looking for a winter packing list, this one might be helpful: Europe Winter Packing List
[et_bloom_locked optin_id=”optin_9″] content [/et_bloom_locked]
And some more Packing Tips for your Weekend Getaway:
1. Do laundry right before you start packing and fold your clothes right into the suitcase. Why hang them, just so you can pack them a few hours later?
2. Bring outfits are comfortable and that make you feel good. Vacation is not the time to squeeze yourself into a dress that won’t let you breathe and the pants that give you stomach cramps because they are so tight.
3. Find outfits that you can mix and match. I try to bring tops that I can wear to at least 2 bottoms and a pair of comfy shoes that go with all your outfits and a pair of nice heels for a night out.
4. Wrinkle free is your friend. Stay away from linen and silk, and try stretchy stuff or cotton instead.
5. ALWAYS bring a shawl or scarf. They are so great to keep you warm in notoriously cold air planes or restaurants, provide cover up, when your clothing is a bit too revealing for the situation (like visiting a church, temple or mosque) or when you need to cover your lobster red shoulders from any more exposure.
6. Don’t over pack. If you are gone for 3-4 days, do you really need 8 tops and 5 pairs of bottoms, as well as 3 dresses? You don’t have to shlep your whole wardrobe with you on a quick little getaway. The less you obsess about your outfit, the more time you have to actually enjoy your vacation.
I’ve never understood why people get so stressed about packing. I’ve always found it really easy. Maybe I’m just a little strange!
Haha, Tom, I think the difference is that you are a guy 😉
I over pack so this is really helpful! I’m getting better but still need some help. I have hiking, kayaking and backpacking lists:)
Oh yes, that is very helpful as well, especially if you need a lot of gear!
Great tips! I used to be such a good packer and now I always overpack. I like the shawl tip!
Oh, I love my shawl in the airplane and so many other places! So snuggly and keeps me warm!
Thanks for great tips! I especially like wrinkle free. I like to travel light and it’s helpful. Thanks!
Great tips! The shawl tip is ace! Shawls have saved me on a number of occasions while traveling!
I too don’t like packing. Once because of the last minute packing because of this I was about to leave.
We too find packing lists a great source of convenience. A packing list ensures that we do not forget to pack something that is essential and important.
I downloaded your Girls Weekend Getaway Packing List! I have the hardest time packing and always try to pre-plan.
I used to feel that way when we initially started travelling, plus add to it a baby… now it is much simpler, we have a template packing list and add/delete items as per the needs…
I love the idea of the weekend getaway packing list. I find it harder to pack for a weekend trip than a longer excursion. Grabbing my packing list today!
I am forever forgetting one thing, I have a few lists for each adventure activity we do. I love your list!
Love packing lists. I’m notorious for packing at the last minute, so a great list is always welcome!